Believe It or Not!

joe_rees

Belief Like Faith; is the trust in things not seen
Sometimes we believe in something without tangible evidence/proof as to why we do, it's a feeling, inutiitive, heart felt and instinctive.

Sometimes you have a feeling/belief that "something's going to happen" and it does! but for the love of God if asked how you knew, you wouldn't be able to offer an explanation because it's a sixth sense!.

Self Belief works on exactly the same premise
Instinctively you know that there are things you can and should do even if you haven't done them yet (self enhancing), In my case I should write everyday; because writing is like a muscle that strengthens with use!
Self belief should be something so strong and poignant that no one will be able to talk you out of that which you know to be your essential truth!

As a child I spent a lot of time day dreaming (I had a lot of time on my hands and a fertile imagination!)
I built "castles in the sky all day long" and rewrote (in my minds eye) fairtales to my own specification.

In truth I continued day dreaming into my mid 20's, it didn't matter where I was, if I wanted to I could shut out everything and create my own world. I have now learnt that this technique is called "visualisation" and it's a useful tool in attaining what you really want, "yes ,dreams do come true"!
The great thing about imagination is that you can chose how you want your stories to end, redirect the plot midway, change your script to suit your mood/needs etc etc, the rule is that there are no rules and the only limitations are the ones you impose on yourself!.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that no one can direct your destiny and what you believe to be true about yourself has to come from deep within, i.e. the core of your being (we all know what this is, it's a niggling feeling that just won't go away!) it's not something that's imposed upon you by society or even your parents.

Dare to be your true self and Believe in Yourself! If you don't no one else will!

Comments

Popular Posts