Bigger Than Your Average!

This post was a long time coming. I knew that sooner or later I'd have to write a post about weight, everyone goes on about it all the time, "so and so's too fat"!, "so and so's too thin!"

I didn't want to write about it from an emotive standpoint 'cause my weight, has be up and down like a bride's nightie....enough said.

Instead I decided to write about tackling the issue of self esteem and learning to come to terms with yourself the way you are, because in fairness we've all heard the diet and fitness spiel a thousand times before and anyone over 30 knows exactly what to do.

There's a saying in the West that, "You can't be too rich or too thin" the fact of the matter an extremes of anything in life if not moderated will definitely present it's own unique problems (yes, that includes money as well!).

All criticism starts with self so here's the gist, I've been most sizes along the spectrum and when I look at some old photographs I think, Gosh, "And I thought I was fat then!".... enough said, I don't really bother with those photos any more, and no I do not live in a place called D Nile.

So here's the thing and it can be difficult but if you learn to accept yourself the way you are, you'll be less affected and influenced by opinions of what society or even other people deem  "acceptable" If I'm rocking a tent and I look good in it, that's acceptable because it's working for me.

We are all "acceptable in his sight" and that's the size of it, this is not however an excuse for you to begin a munching competition with an imaginary friend.

If you suffer from low self esteem and have convinced yourself that "you'll never look good", just "fake it til you make it" wear clothes/colours that flatter you, experiment, try all sorts of styles until you find the one that makes you feel like a Goddess, Queen, King, Emperor, Prince, Princess or Whateva.

Big Things A Gwaning!

Comments

  1. Self love is just the best thing you can do for yourself. But i'm also a believer in changing what you don't like, not for anybody, but for you. So if you don't like the fat, then work it. But start from a healthy place

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, that's y I said that anyone over 30 knows exactly what to do; eat healthy + excercise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts